This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
I’m really humbled that Keri has nominated me. Her writing is thought-provoking, powerful, and she writes from the heart. A truly creative writer!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
1. Why did you start writing? (as in, what made you realize you were meant to be a writer)
Ever since I was given a Beauty and the Beast diary, writing has been my continual form of expression. I like to believe I have numerous styles, (I know all the words to classic Notorious B.I.G) and have listened to rap music since I was 5, and that has impacted my poetry. There is always something to say and that continuous enthusiasm, made me realise I was a writer.
2. Who is your favorite author?
Not sure that I have one. Recently I read: “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, after years of admiring the film. I love the style of Capote’s writing; he manages to keep you hooked on every page without needing to use complex vocabulary. I also love reading biographies and can easily get stuck into books on Coco Chanel and old hollywood stars.
3. If you had every single person’s attention, in the whole world, what would you say?
Don’t try to bend yourself into society. They say we all try to be the same but it’s the people who stand out, who we follow. Don’t blame yourself for other people’s bad behavior and know that you can’t change people who don’t want to change. Be your own source; be positive, be encouraging and most of all, believe in yourself. No one else has the right to define what you are capable of.
4. Dream vacation destination?
Anywhere with sun and culture. I could never go away and stay at a hotel all week or just sit by the beach. I need to explore.
5. Sunrise or sunset?
Sunset. I will never forget standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower and watching the sun go down. I love warm, breezy evenings outdoors. Maybe with a nice cocktail, tapas and fabulous company.
6. What is the worst place you have eaten at, and why?
I went out in London with my vegan friend who had no idea what she fancied eating. We waltz around for an hour going past French, Italian, Thai, Chinese and Indian. Eventually we stumbled back to our original meeting place and found a new restaurant that was not only tapas, but clearly identified a wide selection of vegan, dairy, egg, nut, wheat and gluten-free food.
I ordered a steak with sweet potato mash and veg. My steak comes and 25 minutes later, still none of my other ordered food. It turned out, that the kitchen was having problems and no one told me I would be eating my meal all separate. As an apology, I received a complimentary cocktail which tasted disgusting. Needless to say, I have not been back.
7. What was your first job?
Working part-time in retail whilst I was at college.
8. What character holds a special place in your heart?
Holly Golightly and not because Audrey played her or because of her style in the film which, by the way, is amazing! Her character on the outside, is a call girl wanting money. Inside, she is aimlessly lost and trying to use wealth to seek some sort of happiness. Her character has these inner issues that film characters do not usually portray. I think everyone at some point has felt her sense of misplacement in life. I love her secret innocence and hopefulness she holds within.
9. What is your favorite season?
Maybe a good spring. Sun to me is great when you are actually free to enjoy it. Sun with a hint of breeze – not to humid or overpowering; I could have that all day everyday!
10. Can you describe your voice?
Depending on who you ask, it is either posh, or I sound like I am always asking a question. I raise my voice slightly at the end of sentences. I would love to say I have a Spanish accent; currently teaching myself spanish.
Ivefoundwaldo – Melina finds a wonderful balance of sharing her life, reviewing books and beauty, whilst also writing lifestyle advice. I love all the many aspects of her blog.
phasionbug – I nominated Saabri the last time I was nominated and I am happy to do it again. Her blog is beauty and style educational, with reviews, hacks and plenty of skincare advice. A lifestyle blog that I adore.
DII Blogs – I recently told Dicxita that her makeup is one of the best I have seen on blogs and doing makeup myself, I can’t help but notice her blending. Beauty and fashion with plenty of information on life. I particularly enjoyed her girl empowerment post.
The life of YV – One of the first bloggers to follow me! Lifestyle, fashion and inspiration. There is a rawness and honesty to her writing which is refreshing and very motivating. The kind of blog that empowers you after reading.
Affectionately yours – Anaida is in my opinion, writing the wisdom blog. So uplifting and relatable, she writes like a best friend and opens up on a range of issues. Definitely a favourite of mine.
- What’s the biggest beauty mistake you have ever made?
- Have you ever ended a friendship or relationship and regretted it?
- How would you describe your style?
- A guest is coming round your house for dinner, what would you make?
- How would you define success?
- Where would you like to be in five years time?
- Name the three biggest pieces of advice you could ever give:
- Old Hollywood beauty or modern?
- What makes you follow a blog or social media account?
- If you could relive any day from your life, what day would you choose and why?
There is no pressure, but if you have been nominated and you decide to write about it, please let me know. I would love to read the answers to these questions 🙂