I was nominated by Ciarralorren who is the most amazing blogger! Her writing style is comparable to that of a high fashion magazine. If you are not following her already, as my little sister would say – seriously? – click on the link and explore.
- Mention the person who created this award with a link
- Mention the person(s) who nominated you
- Share three things that motivate you to blog
- Share three people who inspire you to blog
- Share one thing you hope to do to improve the world
- Answer your challenge question(s)
- Nominate other bloggers and give them a fun challenge question
This award was created by Liv at theCramm.
Three things that motivate me to blog:
- Whilst at college, I studied English Literature and Language – preparing myself to one day be a journalist. Everyone told me it was a dying industry and very hard to break into. As a safer option (sarcasm), I ended up becoming a makeup artist. You know how no one wants to be one of them! (major sarcasm). Well, six years ago now, I got my first job travelling to London and working on a busy skincare counter. Customers came to me for makeup advice and I became known for cosmetics (despite my brand selling 90% skincare). I love beauty and at the time, it was a logical step to save up and pay for a very expensive makeup school. I do still truly love makeup and I have had amazing experiences meeting all sorts of people in the industry, however the feelings of being a writer, have never left me. I suppose this blog was an experiment – a sort of dip in the ocean – to showcase some of my work.
- I wanted to write a blog years ago and insecurity got the better of me. I found every conceivable reason not to start. What if no one likes me? What if no one reads? I’m the kind of person now that just jumps right in front of my fears. I have learnt too many times how short life is, and how chances you don’t take can hold you back.
- Thirdly; I simply love writing! If you notice on my about page, the description is not specific. I do not mention beauty and health. I believe I wrote (I actually cannot remember) something along the lines of sharing all that I know and creating a place to inspire. I’m motivated to open up and create a website that I would like to read. Playing magazine editor perhaps.
Three people who inspire me to blog:
- My grandmother was the head of the English department at her college. A year before she died of cancer, she received degrees in psychology and Spanish. Her level of pursuit has always inspired me and in some ways, I feel our love of writing connects us. It’s a trait I can continue in the family.
- My best friend who I have known since I was 11. I have always been extremely ambitious – somewhat of a dreamer, and she has continued to push me to achieve whatever it is I am after. We are two complete opposites but I almost feel that is why we are close. Yin and yang!
- I have to mention my fellow bloggers. It’s amazing to me the amount of support and love people give to each other. Without going full on cheese, I truly am grateful anytime someone takes a moment out of their day to read what I write.
One thing to improve the world:
I was tempted to copy and paste Ciarra’s answer here! In terms of the grand scheme of things: climate change, terrorism, poverty etc. It’s actually scary how many huge issues the world faces. On a smaller, day-to-day basis, kindness and acceptance. Learning to not be so judgemental of others but also of yourself. Realising we are human and by fault, we will mess up and that’s ok. Don’t mess up 24/7 though because then you are just a messy person! (note to self).
When is the last time you peed your pants from laughing so hard?
I actually don’t remember which sounds terrible! Usually, anytime I am with my little sisters, I will be guaranteed to spend the day laughing. This story is one my friend told me which made me really laugh, so I thought I would share.
My friend loves swimming. Her husband decided as a surprise, to book a really nice spa weekend which was a little bit – middle of nowhere. The spa contained amazing pools – outdoor and indoor, as well as a sauna and jacuzzi etc. Being a surprise, her husband failed to tell her to bring her swimming costume which he also forgot to pack. Nowhere locally sold anything so she spent the entire time only being able to do a couple of treatments. Maybe I have a horrid sense of humour; she loves swimming more than the idea of treatments, so when she told me I had to laugh. I’m a great friend!
My question: What was your favourite childhood dessert or treat?
As always, do not feel obliged to accept. Nonetheless, if you do, I would love to read your answers.