A huge thank you to Mbalenhle for nominating me for this award. Her blog is very unique – I mean that as one of the best compliments I could give! It’s lifestyle based, but she discusses really interesting topics.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know that you have nominated them
1. What do you think your purpose in life is?
I was really inspired by the Left Eye documentary. I remember watching it at the end and she said all these great quotes like: “I believe our lives are defined by what we believe in”, and “I believe in change – try and change for the better”.
I view my life as a journey. I am very spiritual. I almost feel as though I am meant to achieve something that I am unaware of right now. I am trying to aim for more, whilst not being exactly sure. Hopefully, when all is said and done, I would of lived a life full of great memories, and I would given someone else great memories too. That would be a purposeful life to me.
2. How would you define ‘beauty’?
To me, it’s the way a person carries themselves. It’s that person who is a little unique or mysterious; someone with a self assured confidence. I have applied makeup to some incredibly beautiful women, but I always remember the one’s who have that spark. They are not trying to blend into the crowd or worry whether they are being judged correctly.
Internally, beauty is a kind heart. It’s passion and a love of life.
3. If you were to start a hashtag (#) trend right now, what would it be?
For anyone that knows Old Hollywood, Bogart said a quote along the lines of, “the most fun you can have after sex is laughter”. We need to laugh – continuously! My greatest laugh would make you hashtag back, to some of the funniest stories you could tell.
4. Let’s paint your bedroom, which colour would you go for?
White, although I should know better! I am so messy. I manage to stain clothes and I have no idea how. I’m terrible at taking care of things. I break stuff all the time because my mum says I’m “heavy-handed”. Seriously, I have the weakest arms and I have managed to break my washing machine door handle TWICE, my tumble dryer door handle, the radiator dials – my room is either boiling hot or freezing cold!
I’m like a secret superhero! But, I like to pretend that I am very sophisticated and talented at keeping everything looking perfect…so white.
5. If all animals in the world were to be household pets, which one would you choose?
I kind of like the idea of having meerkats and penguins. They look like such happy animals. Maybe even a sea lion so we could do shows together and they could clap for me, whenever I tell one of my amazing jokes.
6. Do you believe in horoscopes all the time?
Horoscopes are very in-depth and they go beyond general star signs. So, if I had someone very knowledgeable who knew everything, I might put faith in what they say. I don’t believe in daily ones.
7. If you were to invent a word, what would it be and what would it mean?
Calofast – when you want to eat lots of delicious calories at breakfast. Example: pancakes, french toast, croissants, waffles and a fry – up. I am always calofast!!
8. What do you do with gifts and clothing from your partner when you break up?
If they are nice, I keep them! I think it depends on how healthy it is. If you can keep an item from your ex, and it doesn’t make you want to cry or spend forever praying for them to come back, it’s fine. I am sentimental so I like keeping things.
If you have immediately broken up, I would say hide them. I still have the shirt which my first boyfriend gave me. Sometimes I still wear it, and it just reminds me of fun memories without making me miss him. I suppose it depends on how you broke up as well, and whether you feel the items are holding you back.
9. Have you monetize your site? If so, how has it benefited you?
I haven’t, but my blog is fairly new. It’s something I will eventually consider. I think it’s a wonderful opportunity if you can; you just have to be clever about it. If you put too much emphasis on money, you can look like a brand. Some bloggers I see who are very successful now, appear to almost flog anything, and that can be off putting.
10. Do you find it hard to not compare yourself to anyone?
Growing up, I had severe low self esteem. I couldn’t even choose my own clothes – my sister would have to tell me what was nice. She is very confident and outspoken; we were continually compared. I had people telling me to do this, or look like that.
After college, I worked in the cosmetic industry. Incredibly competitive and bitchy. Girls everyday would discuss beauty and who has what.
To conclude to now, I don’t find it hard anymore. I think I just eventually dug deep and asked – what do I want to change? I toned up, started taking care of myself and made strides to do what I wanted. It’s somewhat cheesy, but fitness has made me believe in myself.
I learnt that you can compare easily. I can look at someone and wish to have their bodies, their friends or their careers, but wishing is just that. No one is perfect; some people hide the bad in their life – to the point where you imagine they must be so happy. Our lives are short and you have to see the good in you.
11. Tea or coffee?
I don’t drink either. I guess coffee.
I have nominated 5 people instead of 11. I am not 100% sure who enjoys taking part in these, and I have already tagged a lot of people recently. Let me know if you do like answering these questions, because I will nominate you next time 🙂
- What’s your opinion on fortune tellers? Would you go to one or have you been to one?
- What’s your ideal documentary?
- What is your biggest fashion regret or mistake?
- If someone gave you £1000 to go towards your blog, what would you do with it?
- Is there anything you would love to eat that you haven’t tried yet?
- Post everyday or post weekly…what do you prefer?
- Name a song that would instantly bring you back to your childhood:
- If you had your own makeup artist, what makeup look would you want them to do daily?
- Do you ever write handwritten notes?
- Do you have a fear of missing out?
- Describe your perfect restaurant: